- ansi - ANSI escape codes in pure bash - change text color, position the cursor, much more
- assert.sh - Bash unit testing framework
- bashful - A collection of libraries to simplify writing Bash scripts
- Bashlets - A modular extensible toolbox for Bash
- bashmanager - mini bash framework for creating command line tools
- bashwithnails - a Bash framework written just for fun with testing, dependency management & packaging
- bash-language-server - LSP-based Bash language server
- bats - Bash Automated Testing System
- crash - Proper error handling, exceptions and try/catch for ZSH
- Fishtape - TAP producer and test harness for fish
- composure - Compose, document, version and organize your shell functions
- dispatch - A command line argument parser in 50 lines of portable shell script.
- is.sh - An alternative for builtin test command, it will make your "if" statements pretty
- lumberjack - A logging interface for shell scripts
- mo - Mustache templates in pure bash
- optparse - A BASH wrapper for getopts, for simple command line arguments.
- rerun - A modular shell automation framework to organize your keeper scripts
- revolver - A reusable progress spinner for shell scripts
- phases - Minimally invasive bash preprocessor, select sections of your script to run
- semver_bash - Semantic Versioning in Bash
- sh-semver - Semver tool for bash - finds versions matching to specified rules
- shellcheck - Static analysis tool for shell scripts
- shellfire - A repository of namespaced, composable shell (bash, sh and dash) function libraries
- shpec - A shell testing framework
- shutit - Automation framework based on bash and pexpect
- sub - A delicious way to organize programs
- ts - A shell test script
- urchin - An idiomatic shell testing framework that uses only shell commands
- shunit2 - A unit test framework for Bash scripts with a flavour of JUnit/PyUnit.
- rebash - Scripting library/framework. Features: imports, exceptions, doc-tests ...
- zunit - A powerful unit testing framework for ZSH